SMARTCON® Independent Payment Application
Your debit, credit or ticket product on chip, EMV™ compatible!
Use off-the-shelf EMV terminals to capture transactions, benefit from years of EMV experience, dive into state-of-the-art payments technology while maintaining your independence
- EMV is the platform of choice for more than 1 billion cards and more than 15.4 million terminals, according to EMVCo.com
- With EMV you can use off-the-shelf EMV terminals (which already speak the “EMV language”) instead of having to implement your own hardware and software. Basically you will need to configure certain parameters at the terminal, rather than writing a whole new software from scratch
- Rely on the highly successful EMV Type Approval process, which guarantees unprecedented levels of interoperability between cards and terminals across the globe
- Avoid problems already solved by hundreds of EMV issuers around the world by building on top of this robust infrastructure
Why SMARTCON® Independent Payment Application?
- Robust, field-proven technology. SMARTCON® Independent Payment Application software runs in millions of devices around the world and has been tested in different implementations of MULTOS and JavaCard with different terminals, HSMs and servers
- Optimized for size and speed: the most compact version of the application, for example, fits in less than 4KB of EEPROM on MULTOS Step/One™ cards. This allows the load of up to 2 instances of the application on a single 8KB Step/One chip. The application has been tuned for high performance and fast response times, which translates into less time your client has to wait before a transaction is conducted at a terminal
- Multiple interfaces and form factors supported: The application can be loaded into several implementations of MULTOS and JavaCard chips, available at different form factors such as IS0 7816 contact chips, ISO 7816 contactless chips and even into the new generation of microSD™ smart card powered chips used at mobile phones.
- Turn-key compatible with SMARTCON® EMV Data Preparation (SEDp) and SMARTCON® EMV Authorization Library (SEAL): For instant deployment, an independent issuer can rely on our proven data preparation and authorization libraries, already extesively tested with our EMV chip implementation
Summary of features:
- Supports the EMV 4.2 CSU (Card Status Update) mechanism, which facilitates off-line PIN management and parameter updating
- Supports the “dormant PIN” mechanism, which facilitates EMV migration in signature-based credit schemes
- Supports advanced EMV security features such as DDA (Dynamic Data Authentication), CDA (Combined Dynamic Data Authentication) and RSA Enciphered Offline PIN. Note: these features require an assymetric cryptography powered chip
- In addition to PIN, can be configured to use match-on-card™ fingerprint biometrics (requires BioMatch™ codelet from Precise Biometrics) as one of the Cardholder Verification Methods (CVM)
Card Operating Systems supported:
The same core features are available for different MULTOS and JavaCard implementations, from different vendors.